|Riabal injection / Hikma Pharmaceuticals|
Active ingredients: prifinium bromide
1 ampule (2ml) contains: prifinium bromide 15mg
The medicine, that is used for treatment of functional gastrointestinal disturbance. Synthetic anticholinergic, a quaternary ammonium compound. ATC code À03À Â18.
Indications for use:
- Pain due to spasm and hyper-motility of the gastro-intestinal tract :
- Gastritis, gastro-duodenal ulcer, enteritis, colitis, post-gastrectomy syndrome;
- Pain due to spasm and dyskinesia of the bile duct: cholecystitis and cholelithiasis;
- Pain due to pancreatitis;
- Pain due to spasm of the urinary tract: lithureteria, vesical tenesmus, cystitis and pyelitis.
- Premedication for gastric endoscopy and gastro-intestinal radiography
- Vomiting, dysmenorrhea
Posology and method of administration
Riabal, injections, are administered to adults intramuscularly, intravenously or subcutaneously 1-3 times per day in the following doses:
Single average – 7,5-15 mg, max – 30 mg.
Daily: average – 22,5-45 mg, max – 90 mg.
Course average – 22,5-450 mg, max – 900 mg.
If administered intravenously, inject slowly into the vein over one minute. If injected rapidly, there is a possibility of sudden decrease in blood pressure and subsequent shock.
Intravenous administration of Riabal diluted with sodium chloride 9 % solution or Glucose 5 % solution is permissible.
Duration of treatment is 7-15 days
Children: Children are prescribed Riabal in the form of syrup
Category of sale:
Al-Hikma Pharmaceuticals, Jordan
Registration certificate: ¹UA/2908/01/01